This popcorn machine from Presto is one of the most sought after “mini” theater popcorn poppers. Unfortunately, they are currently hard to find. I contacted Presto but have not heard back from them as to why there is such a shortage of this specific popcorn popper or when we can expect to see more of them out on the market.
In preparation for when they are released here is some information about the popcorn machine.
The Orville Redenbacher Popcorn Machine is known to be a well built convenient household theater style popcorn popper. The way the popcorn machine is designed it looks like the large theater popcorn poppers and functions very similar, but takes up a fraction of the space.
- Stainless steel popcorn kettle, that is easy to clean and durable, will not rust or tarnish over time. It tilts for easy filling as well as removable for easy cleaning if necessary.
- The lighted popcorn cabinet serves duel functions, it helps keep your freshly popped popcorn warm as well as gives you that move theater visual appearance.
- Popped popcorn can create a lot of moisture, the theater popper features side air vents that allow the moist air to escape, it will also allow for the wonderful fresh popcorn smell to spread throughout your room.
- Motorized stirring arm that will help ensure every last kernal pops, giving you the peace of mind that you are not wasting money on popcorn that does not pop.
- Fast popping speed, popping seven cups of popcorn in a few minutes, the cabinet holds up to 24 cups of popcorn perfect for when you have the big crowds over.
- The popcorn machine operates off of standard 120 volt outlets and uses 300 watts of power, no need for running special high voltage or dedicated wires.
What is in the box?
When you first open your Orville Redenbacher Theater Popper you will have the popcorn machine, an instruction manual and a special measuring spoon/cup combination that enables you to add just the right amount of popcorn and oil into the kettle.
1) Overall for the price this is one of the best theater style popcorn machines, it is fairly compact, but not too small where you can’t get a decent batch of popcorn.
2) With it operating off of a standard 120 volt outlet, that is another great benefit as you do not need any special wiring. You can literally run it right out of the box.
3) Ease of cleaning – Many popcorn machines can be time consuming to clean, Presto kept this in mind, the stainless steel kettle is fully removable and the door of the theater popper is also removable making it much easier to access the inside of the machine to clean.
The Negatives – What Can Be Improved:
The machine itself doesn’t have many negatives. The main negative comment I have is how hard to find this popcorn machine is. This is largely due to how popular it is, but also with Presto’s slower production channels. If Presto could get a decent supply of these on the market that would be great so people are not scrambling all over trying to find them.
Where Can I Buy The Orville Redenbacker Theater Popper?:
What Is a Comparable Popcorn Machine In Size, Features And Quality?
If you cannot find the Presto Theater Popper the most comparable unit in size, features and quality that I have been able to find is the Maxi-Matic EPM-450 Popcorn Machine, you can read our full review here.