Table Of Contents
Maxi-Matic EPM-450 Elite Tabletop Old-Fashioned 4-Ounce Kettle Popcorn Popper Machine, is an inexpensive classical looking popcorn machine. This product can produce popcorn good for a small group of people like a family of four or a couple of friends, it is great for movie nights, when friends come over to watch sports or parties.
This carnival-style popcorn popper features a tabletop retro-style hot-oil popcorn popper with ½ to 1 gallon capacity. It measures approximately 17 2/7 x 20 x 23 3/5 inches. It’s small enough to fit on a countertop or table. For those of you that have a home theater this is the perfect machine for you, it has soft lighting so it does not provide unwanted glare and the compact style will fit in the corner of your home theater.
The Maxi-Matic Kettle Popcorn Popper Machine comes with a large 4-ounce stainless steel kettle with a built-in stirring mechanism for even heat distribution and superb hot-oil popping. If you want your popcorn to be served warm, then you’ll be happy with the machine’s separate heater that helps the popcorn storage area retain heat after the popcorn has finished popping.
The popcorn popper has 2 separate on/off toggle switches – one for the kettle and the other one for the warming light. With Maxi-Matic’s pull-out kernel crumb tray and detachable kettle features, cleaning is a breeze. Plus, it has plexi-glass windows and door for safe viewing.
Quality is assured with the product’s solid manufacturing design: glass and steel structure with steel hinges(many inferior machines have plastic hinges that break or bend easily) . Maxi-Matic popcorn popper comes shipped with a measuring spoon, measuring cup, and a handy scooping trough, all you need to do is buy the popcorn and butter!
What Sets The Maxi-Matic EPM-450 Apart From Other Popcorn Machines?
1) Easy to clean – The popcorn kettle tilts while the stirring rod stays fixed to the top of the machine, this makes it pretty easy to tilt the kettle and whip it out. Many other popcorn machine manufacturers do not have this feature and makes cleaning harder.
2) A heating light – this helps keep the popcorn warm so when you go back for seconds the popcorn isn’t cold.
3) Easy to setup and get started – the popcorn machine has minimal setup steps and you can purchase premixed bags of popcorn that have salt, popcorn kernals and oil, you simply cut it open, poor it into the kettle and leave the machine do the work.
Worry Free Warranty
Maxi-Matic offers 1 year limited warranty for this product. One point to keep in mind is the Warranty is only valid with a dated proof of purchase. So make sure you save your receipt!
Maxi-Matic EPM-450 Elite Tabletop Old-Fashioned 4-Ounce Kettle Popcorn Popper Machine
88 total customer reviews...
What Are People Saying About the EPM-450 Popcorn Machine
Some of the great features people have mentioned:
- Easy to clean
- There is a magnet that holds the kettle lid open to keep it out of the way when you are adding popcorn, this is great as it makes adding popcorn easier and keeps you from spilling kernals inside the popcorn bin.
- The units heat lamp and warmer keeps the popcorn dry and warm so it is just like fresh popped when you serve it, the heat lamp is also separate from the popping heat mechanism which helps prolong the life of the popping heat mechanism since it can be turned on only when the machine is getting ready to pop popcorn.
- 4 oz Popping Kettle – Many popcorn machines come with the smaller 2 Oz kettle, which many people find too small, a 4oz kettle should be perfect for a family of four or less.
What can be improved?:
Really there isn’t much on the negative side for this popcorn machine. The main complaint people have with any theater popper including the Maximatic is the cleaning time. While this Maximatic unit has many features that make it easier to clean that other theater poppers they still take a little time to clean. The key is to maintain the unit by cleaning it after every use, don’t let the popcorn oil splatter that inevitably gets on the glass sit until the next use.
How To Clean The Maxi-Matic EPM-450 Popcorn Machine
To clean the unit after each use wipe down with a damp rag moistened with water. Wipe down the main body, glass and rubbish tray. This will help avoid having any bacteria grow.
To clean the rest of the unit, switch the unit off, place 200 ml of water (no additives) into the inner kettle, switch on the stirrer and heater, allow the water to come to a boil, pour out the water after approximately two minutes of boiling. Repeat the process a second time.